affection (plural affections)
- The act of affecting or acting upon; the state of being affected.
- An attribute; a quality or property; a condition; a bodily state; as, figure, weight, etc., are affections of bodies.
- Bent of mind; a feeling or natural impulse or natural impulse acting upon and swaying the mind; any emotion; as, the benevolent affections, esteem, gratitude, etc.; the malevolent affections, hatred, envy, etc.; inclination; disposition; propensity; tendency.
- A settled good will; kind feeling; love; zealous or tender attachment
- Usage note: often in the plural; formerly followed by "to", but now more generally by "for" or "toward(s)"; as, filial, social, or conjugal affections; to have an affection for or towards children
- (medicine) Disease; morbid symptom; malady; as, a pulmonary affection. --Dunglison.
9 letters in word "affection": A C E F F I N O T.
No anagrams for affection found in this word list.